What information does TheCapCity.com need when a customer places an order? When a customer places an order over our web site, we will ask for your payment method preference, credit card account number, expiration date, and card security code (if applicable), name as it appears on your credit card, “bill to” address, shipping address, daytime phone number, and e-mail address. You will have the option of saving this information for future purchases.
To complete a credit card transaction, the pertinent credit card information is securely forwarded to our credit card processor for authorization. TheCapCity.com guarantees that our customers will only pay for those items, which they have actually authorized. TheCapCity.com collaborates with government agencies and other companies to prevent fraud. In the collaboration process, we may share information with these agencies and companies assisting us in the fraud prevention and investigation, as permitted and required by law. In no way is this information used for marketing purposes. This information is strictly used to prevent and assist fraud investigations.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.